Hello iJam Power Radio™ readers and listeners, I am Jordan The Producer, and it saddens me that today we’re delving into the extraordinary life and career of a Hollywood icon, Suzanne Somers, as the entertainment world mourns the loss of the very talented actress, author, and entrepreneur, as she passed away on October 15, 2023, just one day before her 77th birthday.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Suzanne Marie Mahoney, better known as Suzanne Somers, was born on October 16, 1946, in San Bruno, California. Her journey to stardom began as a model and actress. She made her television debut in the 1960s, with appearances on popular shows like “The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour” and “The Dean Martin Show.” However, it was her portrayal of the ditzy but lovable Chrissy Snow in the hit TV series “Three’s Company” that catapulted her to fame. The show, which ran from 1977 to 1984, established Somers as a household name and earned her critical acclaim. I used to watch Three’s Company growing up as a child and still watch it from time to time, 40 years later, as it is absolutely hilarious. I love it!
Beyond her role in “Three’s Company,” Suzanne Somers was a versatile entertainer. She showcased her talents not only as an actress but also as a singer, author, and entrepreneur. Her career spans several decades, and she made her mark in various fields:
- Singing: Somers released a number of singles and albums during her career, including the chart-topping “It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll.” Her musical talent added depth to her entertainment portfolio.
- Writing: Suzanne Somers was a prolific author, penning a series of bestselling self-help books on health, fitness, and aging gracefully. Her “ThighMaster” exercise device became a household name, and she championed holistic health practices.
- Business Ventures: As an astute entrepreneur, she ventured into the beauty and wellness industry with her line of beauty products, supplements, and weight loss programs. Her commitment to promoting healthy living endeared her to a global audience.
- Broadway: In addition to her numerous accomplishments in the entertainment industry, Somers took her talents to Broadway in the late 1980s, appearing in productions like “The Blonde in the Thunderbird” and “The Owl and the Pussycat.”
Accolades and Awards
Suzanne Somers has received numerous accolades and honors throughout her illustrious career. Some of the notable awards and recognition include:
- Golden Globe Award: She received a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Chrissy Snow in “Three’s Company.”
- Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: In recognition of her contribution to the entertainment industry, she was honored with a star on the prestigious Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Bestselling Author: Her books, including “Eat Great, Lose Weight” and “Suzanne Somers’ Get Skinny on Fabulous Food,” became bestsellers, helping millions of readers achieve better health and vitality.
- Health Advocate: Suzanne Somers emerged as a prominent advocate for alternative and holistic health practices, promoting awareness about the benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and natural remedies.
A Lasting Legacy
Suzanne Somers’ passing is undoubtedly a loss to the entertainment world, but her impact will be felt for generations to come. Her dedication to health and wellness, her magnetic on-screen presence, and her entrepreneurial spirit have left an indelible mark on Hollywood and the broader world. We will remember her as an icon who defied the odds, leaving behind a legacy of success and a trail of inspiration for those who dare to dream big and live life to the fullest.
As we remember Suzanne Somers on what would have been her 77th birthday, let’s celebrate her incredible journey and the timeless contributions she made to the world of entertainment and well-being.
This is Jordan The Producer, signing off for iJam Power Radio™, with a heartfelt tribute to the legendary Suzanne Somers.